Monday, June 28, 2010

I want to kiss you...


i want to kiss you
shatter you
jawline against touch
touch you
scent of musk
saltwater and seafoam
clean
Want to kiss you near God
amongst strangers
I dare either to stop me
Keep me
Want to kiss you bitter
tired of waiting
wondering
want to kiss you empty
steady as forever
small as favor
maybe kiss you
curve where shoulder
meets neck
or silk of throat
perhaps rough of chin
inside elbows
wrists
then rest
smooth of chest
back
hip to hip
dip of belly
want to hold you entwined
like vows
palm against palm
fingers laced
and waiting
I want to kiss you
unbroken
before too many hearts
snap like dried
and dead things
this longing like fire
like hunger
like nothing before
or since
Just one small
solitary kiss
no questions
no worries
no words
just a kiss
quiet
quick
subtle
silent


itll probably speak volumes...

By Bassey Ikpi

Sometimes someone else can say it better than I can. Today is that day for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment