Monday, June 21, 2010

???


Once youve stepped into destiny and you've found the way that God intended for you, what do you do with your friends? Not the ones who are expendable. LOL. The ones who are undiscernably linked to your life. The people that know everything about you, the people that love you regardless of what they know about you. The ones who prop you up and help you to understand about yourself what the world never could. But, they have demons attached to them that they cant or are unwilling to break free from.

What do you do? What do I do?

I cant imagine my life without my best friend as my best friend but some spirit issues have a way of dragging everything around them into the same mess.

Its easy to let go of things that dont have much impact on your life or your feelings. Ive been very good at compartmentalizing how I love people against how much of their lives Im responsible for. However, I cant imagine a seperation here.

I heard one solution from a friend today that seemed so drastic to me. So selfish. It was that if the best friends behavior doesnt change and he doesnt want to change, I would and should eventually cut him off. Wow... I probably needed to explain more accurately but you can't put a 20-year friendship and love into words that well.

In thinking, I dont think this friend is all the way correct. I believe that love covers all things and no matter how deep into the abyss my best friend may ride, I love him enough to go there with him and bring him back out. There are times when love has to be something that you go to the mat for. This friend has been there and has gone to the mat before. He's been enriched as a person because of his journey. Maybe he wants to protect me in case my best friend does come crashing down on himself.

If I should not be able to help my best friend get his delivery, I will not feel personally responsible because I know that you cant make a grown person do a damn thing. I will be heartbroken because my best friend is one of the most amazing men I know.

The future is a funny place and is always changing. Im realizing that God made our minds without the ability to predict the future for the realization of faith. If you know what's to come, how would you ever learn to trust God through your trials. Sometimes its better not to know the outcome and increase your faith to change the things you do see into what you want to see...

LOL... I keep thinking of the Terminator 2 movie... Edward Furlong who played the young John Connor quoted his mothers poem and said, "the future is not set. There's not fate but what we make... "

Ive never done the status quo. Ive never done what anyone else thought I should. I follow my heart and, more importantly, what God leads me to do. Only the weak let go when theyre scared or things dont go their way. Ill let go when I feel like I cant go any longer and run into risking myself. But, isnt that the crux of love? Letting Others have the Victory at your Expense... Sometimes, that thought is lost on those who should know it best...

I got strong shoulders to rest this weight on... and this lane of life was made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment