Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Caterpillar potential...


It dawned on me today that I keep feeling like Im moving through a major change. Like Im moving toward a new season in my natural life and in my life with Christ. Ive never felt like this before nor have I ever felt so much like I needed to be surrounded with the things of God.

I feel like a freaking caterpillar. When a caterpillar is born, it has no clue what its born to be. It moves along in its life and probably has no clue that its soon going to undergo a major change in its existence. It just goes along surviving and doing its best to follow its instinct. All of a sudden, it starts to feel the change coming. It starts to fill up on what it needs to keep itself sustained. It searches for privacy and a quiet place to undergo what it knows not. It wraps itself in the coverings of what will facilitate the change. It eventually changes into something more than it ever expected or anticipated.

I have no clue what Im going to be but what I do know is that I have no room to receive it, just like the caterpillar. What I am right now doesnt have the capacity necesary to bring about what God has in store for me, so Im going through a transition to bring me closer to my destiny through Christ Jesus. All the things essential for the caterpillar are also paramount for me. I felt this change coming and had to look to God for the courage to take another step. I had to fill up on His Word to keep myself sustained while moving through. I searched for the safety and peace of my quiet place in God to feel safe from the world during my change. I wrap myself in the armor of God that will contain my change and keep me safe until my wings are ready...

My friend Virginia told me as our wings form and begin to stretch it is a bittersweet song in our hearts. I know shes right. You cant take anyone on that change with you no matter how you may feel about them. They have to make their own changes. Sometimes when you change and people you love don't, the change can be bittersweet. But, for me, I believe that what God has for me, He didnt intend for anyone else.

I trust this process and I trust my Holy God that brought me to this place of change. Im on my road to being a butterfly... now to just outlast the process and stay in my lane...

No comments:

Post a Comment