Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tonda and the Stripper



Tonda and the Stripper

Yeah, he’s a dancer. I seem to be meeting a lot of them since joining Facebook. I’m on a first name basis with at least 5 of them, nowadays. They promote their shows and have the girls blushing at what they do on stage, make them giggle when they show them any personal attention, and have most of these women thinking rather dirty thoughts. I don’t go to strip shows because of my commitment to God. I don’t go to clubs at all anymore so promotion efforts are wasted on me but they’re sweet guys that ask for prayers and encouragement.

I was outside of all the girly giggly patter. After, having had a model for a boyfriend, I was privy to a lot of ways women act when they see attractive men. It’s needless to say that they were a lot of times, very blunt with what they envision with these eye-catching men. Then, just like now, I stand outside of that throng of women and just observe. At least until I got a message from one such gentleman that I didn’t know.

He asked me to add him and I asked who he was. In hindsight, for my own promotional purposes, I probably should have just added him and not thought about it but something about him gave me pause. From that, we started carrying on a conversation through messages. I teased him, made jokes, and asked questions. I’m not sure what lead me but I didn’t even look at his pictures until halfway during this conversation. I’m generally curious about people so I asked a lot of questions that he very sweetly answered. I was impressed that he didn’t seem to be bothered by all my personal inquiries but he did mention that he was a personal kind of guy. It didn’t dawn on me that he was a dancer until he said the word “perform”. The light went on then… (DUH!! LOL)

My belief system and just my general need to please God stop me from stepping into anything outside of friendship with him but I like his personality. My curiosity is peaked because I really would like to know what kind of person he is. Not in any “trying to holla at you” kind of way but just in a “hey, this person is cool” way. He makes me want to know what he thinks. What made him go into this line of work? How does it affect his relationships? What are his goals? Does he plan on doing this forever?

I’ve realized that people are people. It takes a multitude to make the world what it is. I don’t judge him at all. It’s not my place but it did bring some shocking things into light for me. How many women of God who aren’t really women of God would have immediately disregarded him or treated him badly in front of church members but would have been stuffing his string later? But I digress…

Knowing how women react to men who look like he does, who’s going to be the standout to him? Who’s the difference? I guess that my concern is that I don’t want to be one of his fans. Maybe all women feel that way. They all want to be special and not a part of the masses of women overcome by lust. If I’m put into any category, I want to be a friend. Someone he can call when he needs to talk or pray. Yeah, strippers pray. He can take off all of his cool with me, keep his clothes on, and I’ll still appreciate him for who he is.

Under all the layers, or lack of layers, as it were, he’s still a person. It’s his job to sell a fantasy. The fantasy he creates is not what he is and, through our conversation, I understand that he really is NOT his job. So, I’m going to stay his friend, cook for him, invite him to church with me, and try my best to avoid those green eyes of his. They really could be a woman’s undoing…


©SugarFace, Inc.
Theze Rightz Be Rezerved

No comments:

Post a Comment